Software blog with announcements about Spacejock Software

Sunday, July 20, 2008

yEdit beta released

During NanoWrimo 2007 I decided I needed a text editor which would do the following:

1. Allow me to set a word count target, and display the remaining words as I typed
2. Take sequentially numbered autobackups at five minute intervals.
3. Nothing else *

Yesterday I mentioned this app on the yWriter group, and it was only a few minutes before someone asked me to release it.

So, at midnight last night I put version 1.0.0 online, promptly followed by 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 since I'd forgotten to include certain essential files.

If this app sounds like something you could use, give it a try and let me know what you think.

* I will NOT be adding a spell checker, grammar checker, formatting, fonts or any other Word Processing gizmos. Those are EDITING features, and you'd do well not to distract yourself with such fripperies when you're trying to WRITE.

No comments: